What are your opening hours?

8.00 - 18.00  7 Days a week. Breakdown cover is 24 -7.

The dates available to rent the camper are between April 1st to October 31st.

In which periods do you rent out the campers?

To rent from us you must have held a full driving license for at least one year and be 20 years old or over. You must bring your license, passport and credit card with you when receiving the camper.

What are your conditions for renting?

Toyota Hilux 2017, 2018. The cars are 4x4, available in either manual or automatic transmission.

Which car types do you have?

The rental car is delivered with a full tank of Diesel fuel. The car needs to be returned in the same manner. Failure to do so will result in a charge equivalent for the full tank.

What about the fuel?


Do you offer transport to and from the airport?

Yes, for arrival and departure we offer free transportation between the International Airport in Reykjanesbær/Keflavik and our headquarters or local hotels in Keflavik.  

The airport is located in a town called Reykjanesbær/Keflavík which is about 45 min drive away from Reykjavík, our capital.

There are a few select roads in the highlands you cannot drive on due to safety reasons. They are highlighted in bright red and labelled on the map below. If weather conditions are very bad the road agency may also close certain roads.

Can you drive everywhere in the camper?

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 14.42.28.png

Icelandic is the language spoken in Iceland. It is a very old Nordic language and is the cornerstone of Icelandic culture.

We use English with our customers and when handing out our campers but information including a handbook is available in English, French and German. 

Which language is spoken in Iceland and in which language do you communicate?

Yes we do, there is an extra fee of 50 EUR per extra driver though.

Do you allow more than one driver?

Is tax included in the price?

Yes, Local value added tax (VAT) is 24% and included in the price.

Can you offer child seats if needed?

Yes we can, In Iceland it is mandatory for young children to sit in special car seats while travelling in a vehicle. Car seats suitable for children aged from 6 months to + 4 years of age are available if pre-ordered. Booster seats are also available.

What is your cancellation and reservation policy?

In order to guarantee your reservation we require a valid credit card number or bank transfer. 
We charge your credit card 20% of the total amount at booking. In case of a cancellation 15 days or more before pick up day we charge 20% of the total amount. In case of a cancellation 14 days or less before pick up day or a no-show at the pick up time you will have to pay 100% off the total amount.

How do your insurances work?


A CDW (Collision damage wavier) is included in the price. Self risk is €2800

You can purchase a SCDW (Super collision damage waiver) with self­ risk of €800 for a price of €20 per day. 

All screens and windows are not covered by either insurance and are liable for €200 if damaged.

Please note that the renter is always responsible for the following damages which are not covered by either CDW or SCDW:

* Negligent driving while intoxicated.
* Any damages to tires, headlights and the underside of the car.
* Damages caused by loose rocks which get thrown at the car on gravel roads.
* Damages to the engine/car/camper caused by water or rough terrain.

(Please see full details listed on the backside of rental agreement).

Taking the car outside of the country is forbidden.

Do you offer any emergency services?

Break down service 24 hours call +354 849 2220.

Call 112 for the emergency services.

What kind of payment do you accept?

We accept credit cards, debit cards or bank transfers. Please note that we do not accept American Express.

We require a 20% booking deposit, the rest can be payed upon arrival.

Yes, unlimited km are included.

Are there unlimited km included?


The Toyotas run on Diesel.

What type of fuel do the cars use?

The average fuel consumption is 12-13 litres per 100 km. You can drive about 400/450 km on a full tank.

How many km can you drive on a full tank?

There are two separate beds, one above the cabin 195 x 140 cm and the other next to the kitchen formed by folding down the sofa units 195 x100 cm.

How many beds are in the camper?

Drivers licenses for all drivers, warm clothes for all weather conditions. You do not need to bring any equipment or linens for the campers this is included in the equipment package.

What should we bring with us for our trip?

No we do not, a regular national drivers license is accepted.

Do you require an internationals drivers license? 

Yes there is a heater in the camper that runs by electricity and propane gas.

Will the camper be warm over night?

Yes there are 220 volt sockets which you can use when connected to a campground electricity.

Is there electricity in the camper?

No it is recommended that you camp at camping sites but some spots around the highlands are okay to camp at. For further information check out tjalda.is

Can we camp anywhere with the camper?

This can be arranged, just let us know when you book. You can leave the camper at the airport, but you will have to meet with us the evening before to go over everything before handing it in.

What if I have an early flight back before your opening hours?

Almost the whole country has mobile coverage. Here is a coverage map.

How good is the mobile coverage in Iceland

Something we haven’t covered?

Email us at js.js@is and we will get back to you as soon as possible